Which ITR Form?

Confused about which ITR form to file your return in?

For Individuals, HUF

S.No   Individual Individual, HUF
Source of Income ITR-1 ITR-2 ITR-3 ITR-4 ITR-4S
1 Income from Salary/Pension
2 Income from Other Sources (only Interest Income or Family Pension)
3 Income/Loss from Other Sources  
4 Income/Loss from House Property  
5 Capital Gains/Loss on sale of investments/property    
6 Partner in a Partnership Firm      
7 Income from Proprietary Business/Profession        
8 Income from presumptive Business        

For Firms, Associations of Persons (AOP), Body of Individuals (BOI), Local Authority, Companies, Trusts, Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) Return

S.No   Firms,AOP,BOI, Local Authority Companies Trusts Only FBT
Source of Income ITR-5 ITR-6 ITR-7
#See Note
#See Note
1 Income / Loss from Other Sources  
2 Income / Loss from House Property  
3 Capital Gains / Loss on sale of Investments / Property  
4 Income / Loss from Business  
5 Fringe Benefit Tax

#Note: ITR-7 will not be available for e-Filing.

#Note: ITR-8 is discontinued for e-Filing from AY2010-11 onwards, still continued for AY2007-08,2008-09,2009-10.